Wonderment Gardens LLC
Herbal Apothecary and Wellness Center
Our bodies are intelligent, able to heal themselves. We tune into this intelligence, provide support, nourishment and sometimes entertainment, allowing the body to do it’s work.
In this issue
Happy and exiting news! Debra Johnston of Healing Touch Therapy has joined the Wonderment Gardens Team and is now offering this wonderful healing modality at our center in Hot Springs, SD. Debra is a top level Certified Healing Touch Practitioner, only HTCP west river in South Dakota. We are lucky to have her.
What is Healing Touch?
Healing Touch is a therapy that helps to restore and balance energy that has been depleted due to stress, illness, injury, grief, medical conditions, surgery or medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation. The goal of Healing Touch is to restore harmony and balance in the human energy system by creating an optimal environment to enable the body’s innate tendency for healing to occur.
Some of the benefits of Healing Touch therapy include;
- Reduces pain
- Reduces anxiety
- Enhances recovery from surgery
- Improves mobility after surgery
- Relieves tension, stress and depression
- Provides support during chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces the effects of trauma and chronic pain
- Supports the dying process
- Deepens spiritual connection
- Reduces the length of hospital stays
Save the dates for our monthly free health clinics
- May 20, 2017
- July 15, 2017
6 week Course – Bio-regional Herbalism for Home and Family Use
Thursdays May 11 – June 15 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm and all day Saturday June 17th
hands on at
305 S. Chicago, Hot Springs SD
- Build a materia medica of 30-40 local medicinal plants
- Learn how the above herbs can treat many acute and chronic illnesses
- Get hands-on instruction on how to prepare and use a variety of herbal preparations
6 week on line course – introduction to Bio-regional Herbalism
May 15 – June 19, 2017
Course will include a minimum of 2 hours pre-recorded course material each week. Plus 1 live Q@A session on Wednesday evenings 6:30 pm Mountain Time. (recorded)
Herb walk, Stewardship, Medicine Making
June 17, 2017 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Our day will be a mixture of lecture, herb walk, intensive study, hands on plant identification, plant gathering, medicine making, theory, medicinal application and more
- 10:00 am to 11:00 am Free Class – Making Goat Cheese
- Clinic Noon to 5:00 pm (Walk in and appointments welcome)
- 2:30 – 3:30 Free Class – To be announced
Herbal medicine and holistic healing available to everyone, whatever your circumstances or state of health. This is your opportunity to talk with a trained herbalist, share any health concerns you may have, and receive personalized education in the preparation and use of herbs.
Click here for more
Black Hills Holistic Health Club is a private membership club for the purpose of allowing people to learn, discuss and share information, herbs and knowledge about natural health, herbalism and nutrition. A place to network and to share information about sustainable living, organic gardening, animal husbandry and to share the products produced (edible and non-edible) by individual members.
For more information click here.